The Ancients' Tome


I must declare before anything else - that this game is very experimental. Meaning, some love it, some hate it. But at heart, it is an arcade puzzle. "Puzzle" thematically, not conceptually.

> Download

Specs

  • Arcade Puzzle Game
  • About 1-2 hours to complete
  • Freeware
  • Last modified May 2006
Developer Notes:
My second accomplishment. The game was originally created for the GMG's two-room contest, where it earned for me a second place.

Generally, it's an arcade-style game, considerably fast-paced. I shall avoid revealing too much as many things within this game are meant to be discovered before they may be appreciated. This is a game that demands your attention if you want to play it through to the end.

It's rather laconic; you'll have depend much on your inference. It has been a challenge working on this idea, and I am rather pleased with how it has turned out. This was developed for the more patient, sophisticated player in mind. Enjoy.

Thank you to those who have supported its development.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoyable game dude, and interesting design concept as well. Will take a few more goes I think before I figure out the vocabulary properly :)

Chamyky said...

Wow! This game is great! Both innovative and fun to play. The graphics are cool too.
I really enjoyed it, the only disappointment I had was when it ended.
Perhaps you never work again on a game after it's finished/released but a "survival" level enabled after the game's completion by the player would be really cool. It would enable challenging between players too, "Wo will make the greater score?"